Monday, January 14, 2008

It's been awhile

Yes it has been a long time since my last post about life in Room 8. A lot has happened sine we cam back from winter recess. We have finished unit 2 and time. We will keep working on time as many of the kids are still not grasping the more difficult concepts. Much of telling time is developmental. I will be sending home some more review pages this weekend if I think you child needs them. Like in the past they will have a month or so to work on them and then I will retest them again.

We have moved on to double digit addition and this week we will work on addition with regrouping. This is something that gets harder when the kids don't know their math facts. I think we should be pretty good with addition regrouping but regrouping with subtraction is usually much harder. Regrouping is what we used to know as carrying and borrowing. These are the terms we use and I would appreciate you reinforcing them at home.

We are beginning our ancestors unit and finishing up science. Please keep reading this for updates about the units!