Thursday, September 6, 2007

Back to School Night

Hello to All!

Thank you to everyone who attended Back to School Night last night. It was great meeting all of you. Please don't wait until conference time to talk to me again. I am here early in the morning and afterschool as well. If you missed last night or need something clarified please don't hesitate to call or e-mail.

I can't tell you enough what a great group of kids you have. I really am enjoying getting to know all of them. I would love to get all of the yellow parent surveys back as soon as possible. Please remember to fill out both sides of the paper.As we're settling into our regular routine I am getting the chance to spend more time in small groups with the kids and one on one.I am so impressed with these kids. I am very excited about this school year.

We're off to a great start. We will start our first story in the Open Court series on Monday. We began working on addition word problems today and are moving on to subtraction facts next week. The math is going to start moving faster and faster. Please work every night on math facts to 20 in both addition and subtraction every night. If you would like more math strategies please come talk to me. We began our second short story today. They're writing a summer short story about one event from their vacation. The final draft is written on a pair of paper shorts.

Thank you for all of the items being donated to the classroom. If you volunteered to work in the classroom this year I will be contacting you with a finalized schedule. Please get back to me as soon as you can if the time works for you. If you signed up for a time I will give you that time but many of you didn't put a time down. Thank you all for your hard work and dedication to room 8. It makes such a difference!

Sarah Rich