Friday, September 28, 2007

This Week in Homework...

Just a reminder there is some extra homework coming home this week. Your child will be making a puzzle piece about themselves. It is due on Friday. There are directions attached to the puzzle piece itself. If you have questions call or e-mail me. I can't help you at 7pm on Thursday night so please encourage your child to start early.

I collected the first fluency log if it wasn't in your child's homework folder there is a yellow sticky note in it. Please return it on Monday. Please remind your child to put their name on EVERYTHING! Also you are only recording the fluency results twice. Once as a cold read and once after rereading it a couple times and taking it again on Thursday.

I did not get Flat Stanley addresses from all of the students. If I haven't already spoken to you and it is not in on Monday I will make arrangements for your child to write to someone. We will be starting the letters Monday afternoon and they can't write a letter if they have no one to write it to.

There is also a letter to you from your child with a pink sheet attached to it. That's their go home journal. Typically it's in journal form but the stapler broke and we couldn't fix it. While I am trying to solve my problem with the stapler I just sent this months section home. Your part is pink. Please write back to them and turn it in by next Friday. Thank you!